Friday, May 18, 2007

what the end feels like

On May 1st, I had to turn in all my money for my trip. 2 weeks after the flight money was due, I needed to turn in the rest.

I have amazing supporters. Friends from all parts of my journey, family members, real estate agents...I was amazed and surprised and forever grateful for every person who donated, considered donated, prayerfully decided to give. People who gave were so generous in their donations. Thanks to every single one of them, without you, I could not have gotten to the place I ended up in.

At the end of the day, I needed to donate $1400 for the trip (thank you Uncle Sam). And while the chip-in might be done, I am still accepting donations. Checks are always appreciated because there are still a few things I need for my trip. Should you have a desire to give, please email me to discuss the options.

I leave in 47 days...it's so close and so far away in the same breath. I just got my visa and passport back today, so I'm officially cleared to go. As Saint Teresa of Avila once said "The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too." And I'm grateful that God has been there...because I know He'll be there in July as well and I can't wait to see what happens.

No comments: