Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Packing food and staying back

After arriving back in Huruma after the weekend, I realized I was excited to see my toddlers. Learning more and more of their names and how they react to seeing me, it's definitely the highlight of the day. I was able to help them get dressed and walked them to school. I sat in the room for a few minutes, but since we were short 4 people yesterday, I went to serve lunch in the handicap room. Collins ran towards me to greet me with a hug and Thomas wanted to do the hokey pokey with me. I love that they also look forward to us being there every day.

I fed Aaron yesterday. Aaron is a boy who doesn't say much and doesn't really focus on much, but always gives me the biggest smile. Feeding him, watching him smile is always the best part of my day, no matter how hard it is to be in the room.

Last night, Nelson and Kym came over to help us bag food. Through one of the other trip attenders sponsors, she was able to provide rice, lentils, sugar, salt, coffee and matches to 370 Huruma families. We packaged it all up and it's being handed out today.

Why am I not there today? Well, there has been a bug flying around our room and while I haven't caught the chest congestion, my stomach has been giving me issues. I wanted to rest and relax today and that's exactly what I did. Bri, who is feeling sick, stayed back too and we walked to Nakamutt (aka: Wal-Mart for Kenya) and had lunch. Now we are going back to rest some more before more shopping this afternoon.

So, here's to rest and relaxation and hopefully feeling better by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better precious friend!