Thursday, July 26, 2007

Why is it 1200 degrees in London?

Hello readers!

We made it back from the safari safely yesterday (the 25th of July) and then had the most wonderful dinner back at the guest house with all our Kenyan friends. It was great to have dinner with Kwame, Nelson, Kim, Gloria and Marcus and the opportunity to reflect over our time in Kenya.

And in all honesty, I can't believe it's over.

I feel in a lot of ways that I just got there (though I'm sure my friends, family, and boss will disagree). I was just becoming comfortable in Nairobi and then had to leave.

And at the same time, I feel like I've been there forever. The relationships I established with our Kenyan friends was amazing. They are truly wonderful people and I'm grateful for Julius sharing his friends with us. To the guys, Kim, Nelson and Kwame...thank you...I love what you all brought to our group and can't wait to see where it takes us in the future...our trip would not have been the same without you there.

So, now I'm sitting in London, catching up on email and trying to not die of heat exhaustion. Jodi and I will be leaving soon for Philadelphia and then I will be running back to Sara when I get off the plane. I can't wait to see her face and I can't wait to spend the weekend with the W's and J just talking about everything.

Until I get home later tonight, I'm going to try to track down a fountain drink (seriously, what do people have against ice), listen to my Kenya song (it's Life is Beautiful by Vega 4) and simply reflect over the fact that we said goodbye to almost everyone (except Jenn) in a rush.

To 3 weeks that have changed my life, to a country and city I love, to children that I can't imagine not meeting, to 9 people who are friends in the states and to 3 who are friends in the homeland....thank you

No comments: